Monday, July 12, 2010

Get Your Fix

Before having my kiddos I was never really a "sweet craver", I preferred the salty/savory side of things. But with all the hormones and chemical changes that happened while caring the little buggers something BIG changed, something other then my figure. I now crave chocolate (and peanut butter) along with the previous addiction... I mean "craving". I never quite understood that obsession that all these woman had with chocolate. I actually have a little sister that has to have a small amount of chocolate almost every day or her body actually starts to go crazy on her. So today as I was going threw old recipes I came by one that is so quick and easy I had to make it. Lucky for me I had every thing on hand, so I've stirred up a batch for Friday night movie treat.

Crunchy Cravers
1 &1/2 stick Butter, Melted
2 cups Natural Peanut Butter
3 cups Rice Krispies
16 ounces, weight Semi-sweet Chocolate/or whatever kind you like
2-3 cups Powdered Sugar (depends how sweet you want it/what chocolate you use)

Mix the powdered sugar, butter, peanut butter, and Rice Krispies together in a large bowl. Lightly butter a 9×13 baking dish, then spoon in the peanut butter mixture. Use a spatula to spread evenly. Melt the chocolate, then layer evenly on top. Refrigerate for an hour or two, then cut into bars and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.

Note: I have also put a thin layer of carmel in between the mix and chocolate along with chopped peanuts on top, made for a snicker version. Remember this is a no bake recipe so it's a great one for kiddos to do to.

Satisfied Craver,
Laura

0 comments:

Post a Comment